The news business can be draining on your spirit. Stories about fatal car accidents, robberies and shootings fill a reporter’s day. Making it hard to differentiate and find inspiration in a sea of monotony. Anytime I can find inspiration in this business, I soak it up. Thanks to the 2011 Edward R. Murrow winners, I have been restored.
Congrats to the 2011 winners:
• NBC News (network television)
• CBS Radio News (network radio)
• The Associated Press (online news operation, national)
• Star Tribune, Minneapolis, MN (online news operation, local)
• WTHR-TV, Indianapolis, IN (television, large market)
• WGRZ-TV, Buffalo, NY (television, small market)
• WTOP-FM, Washington (radio, large market)
• WRVA-FM, Richmond, VA (radio, small market)
62 news organizations are being honored with 95 Edward R. Murrow Awards. The awards will be presented at the RTDNA Awards Dinner on October 10, 2011.
To watch the winning pieces, click here.