It’s always a good time to donate. But this time of the year – our hearts yearn for us to give more than usual. So satisfy the tug in your heart when you see the puppy in need of a home by giving – no matter how much – to Lexington Humane Society.
I always find that so many people think, “I can’t give a lot. It won’t make that much of a difference.”
You couldn’t be more wrong. What if everyone gave $5? $1? $25? Think of how much GOOD we could do!
Here’s another idea…if you need a gift idea for a loved one who has everything…donate to Lexington Humane Society in their name. You can even virtually adopt a pet. Click here to DONATE or learn more about all the good Lexington Humane Society does.
Another way to help –check out their WISH LIST!
- Cash donations. As a 501(c)3 organization, we are able to purchase supplies at a nonprofit discount and make each dollar go further.
- Canned wet cat and dog food (all brands).
- Dog Treats
- Kong (super-durable) dog toys
- Gas cards
- High-grade AAA Batteries
- Timothy hay/Alfalfa for small animals
- Pee pads for the Spay’sTheWay surgery program
- Rubbing alcohol
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- HE (High Efficiency) laundry detergent
- Copy paper
- Bleach (liquid or powder)
- Rain Barrels
- Gently used professional DSLR cameras, with lens(es).
- Gently used laptops running Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Mac OS X.
Due to our limited space and limited laundry facilities the only linens we can accept are towels, flat sheets, and pillowcases. We cannot accept mattress pads, pillows, comforters, or bedspreads.
To protect the health of our animals we request that any used animal items be thoroughly disinfected prior to donation.
We encourage you to give us a call at (859) 233-0044 x 238 with any questions regarding possible item donations prior to visiting.
Donations are accepted 7 days a week on the Lexington Humane Society Campus:
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm in the Administration Bldg.
Monday – Thursday, Saturday 12:00pm – 6:00, Friday 12:00pm – 8:00 in the Adoption Center
Sunday 1:00pm – 5:00pm in the Adoption Center