Stuff I can’t get enough of this week – that I hope you’ll enjoy, too. Let’s get to it.
1. THIS website. Animal lovers, this one is for you. Dodo.com. More than just pictures of cute animals and videos of cats licking babies (as if that’s not enough), the site also posts articles for animal lovers: happy stories (Baby Capuchin Makes His First Tool or Abused Pit Bull Transforms Into Stock Photo Celeb), sad stories (Endangered Cranes Shot), call to action stories, education articles (Why Cats Purr), and feel-good stories: (Rescue dogs: before and after). Even CNN’s Jake Tapper got in on the action. Anyway, book mark this…if anything, but for pictures like this:
2. THIS brussels sprouts recipe from Sensual Appeal Blog. Remember when your mom tried to make you eat brussels sprouts and you refused? You will want seconds…and thirds. These brussels sprouts are made in olive oil, italian seasoning and garlic. YUMMY.
3. THIS fundraiser for the victims in the Columbia Mall shooting.
In memory of Tyler Johnson, you can donate to:
The Community Foundation of Howard County
Tyler Johnson Memorial Fund
10630 Little Patuxent Parkway, Century Plaza, Suite 315
Columbia, MD 21044
Donations can also be made online – donors are asked to include “Tyler Johnson” in the Memorial or Honorarium field here:http://www.cfhoco.org/give/donate/foundation
For Brianna Benlolo:
Brianna Benlolo Fund to benefit her son’s health, education, support. Donations can be made at any Wells Fargo branch or mail:
P.O. Box 1353 Lynnwood WA 98046.
4. One of my favorite online shops for all things southern, Bourbon & Boots. From creative quotable prints, yummy jam, drinking horns (must have, obvi), novelty tees, jewelry (bullet earrings, anyone?),
5. And to end it on a light note, WUSA9 built an ice desk. Here I am in front of it — and click this link to watch the making of it. Super cool…literally.