Fashion for Paws is one of the best events in DC for many reasons:
- Helps save and care for SO MANY animals in the DC area
- Fashion: The season’s hottest fashions on the runway
- The Crowd: Celebrities, local personalities and DC’s ‘see-and-be-scene!’
- DOGS: Not only will there be dogs that are up for adoption roaming around, but there will be dogs.dressed up.on the runway. Yes. You read right: Dogs will be strutting their stuff on the runway with their human model – dressed in matching clothes!
- Open bar. Worth repeating: unlimited alcohol.
- Charity. As if all that isn’t enough – your conscience will be chocked full of goodness! All proceeds benefit the Washington Humane Society.
- Did I mention puppies?
- Yes, that includes Reggie White – who will be making his runway debut!
So here’s the deal: The event is on April 23rd at the Hyatt in DC. But don’t wait to get your tickets until then, this event always sells out.
In order for me to walk the runway, I must raise a minimum of $3,000. That goal can be reached through donations and ticket sales! So buy your ticket through ME using this link.
If you can’t make it but still want to throw some cash to needy animals, you can still donate! No amount is too small. Here’s my tip: Skip your coffee for a day or two, take that money and donate it to the humane society. That good feeling will be enough to get you through the day…trust me. (And yes, it’s tax-deductible).
This will be my 8th year participating in Fashion for Paws. Two years ago, I was Washingtonian of the Year raising $43,710 in 9 weeks. I raise money for the animals because they don’t have a voice, and so many are neglected, abused and euthanized each year due to lack of funding.
Hope to see you there! xoxo
Until then – a look back at the last 7 years:
Why Support Fashion for Paws benefiting the Washington Humane Society?
- WHS touches the lives of more than 51,000 animals every year through its broad range of programs and services.
- In 2015, our field officers responded to 17,432 calls to help animals in the community.
- WHS provided low-cost spay and neuter services to more than 7,910 cats and dogs in 2015.
- The WHS CatNiPP program sterilized more than 2,607 feral/community cats in 2015.
- WHS microchipped 3,645 animals in 2015.
- In 2015, more than 3,623 animals were adopted from WHS.
- In conjunction with the Humane Society of the United States and funded by PetSmart Charities, WHS provided free sterilization services to over 500 low-income DC residents through the Pets for Life program. Two community events were held in Southeast DC where over 300 pets received free vaccinations, pet food, and pet toys.
In the 12 weeks leading up to the event, I am participating in a friendly fundraising competition to see who can raise the most money for WHS. The top fundraiser, winning “Model Washington of the Year,” and the first and second runner up will be recognized on the runway April 23, 2016.
Please help me make a difference in our community by sponsoring me in the Fashion for Paws Runway Show! Click on either of the bright pink buttons to make a contribution toward my campaign. Every dollar counts! On behalf of all of the homeless animals in the care of WHS, thank you for your support!
To mail a donation (checks), send to:
Washington Humane Society
Attn: Fashion for Paws
4590 MacArthur Blvd NW, Suite 200
Washington, DC 20007
Make all checks payable to: WASHINGTON HUMANE SOCIETY
** MUST include my name in the memo line on your check **
Donate or buy your tickets HERE!