One of the things I get the most comments on are my eyelashes. Everyone asks if they’re fake, which I take as a huge compliment because they are indeed real. No lash extensions or faux lashes here! It’s all about the mascara.
I’ve been through my fair share of mascara, and although I’m always looking for the next best thing, here are my favorites (so far):
- My all-time favorite is Makeup Forever: Excessive Lash. This stuff is great on the first coat, and even better after the second. It won’t flake and it won’t bleed or smudge under your eyes. Let’s put it this way: When I worked the morning show and I put my makeup on at 2AM – this stuff stood the test of my crazy day. No reapplying necessary. (It’s also $25)
- Dior Show mascara: It’s Dior, so it’s obviously good. And obviously expensive. I found that it works best with the white mascara base first, when I use that – I use less mascara.
- Better than Sex: As the name suggests, it’s pretty fantastic. The look this mascara gives is dramatic and gorgeous. My only complaint – it flakes off in pieces at the end of the day. Also – do NOT use the waterproof version. It’s terrible.
- Benefit Roller Lash: This mascara is great for lengthening – not so much thickening. It lasts all day, but if you’re like me and want a fresh coach to darken the lashes, it’s a bit difficult to layer.
- Benefit They’re Real: This is my solid go-to every day mascara. Stays in place and doesn’t flake.
Extra: Perversion mascara. Only downside is it tends to bleed under the eyes when you sweat.